Any interaction including violence or bullying, must be addressed immediately. Players who are involved in violence or have been bullying other students must sit out for the remainder of practice.
An incident under these circumstances results in:
- Immediate Suspension - one full session after the date of incident
- Athletic Probation for the rest of the season
If the player(s) show any sort of violence or bullying at our sessions again, they will be expelled from the program immediately.
"Bullying” is the repeated use by one or more players of a written, verbal, or electronic expression, or a physical act or gesture, or any combination thereof, directed at a target that:
- causes physical or emotional harm to the target or damage to the target’s property;
- places the target in reasonable fear of harm to him/herself, or of damage to his/her property;
- creates a hostile environment at practices and/or games
- materially and substantially disrupts practices and/or games.
Examples of Bullying (not limited to this list):
- making threats at teammate(s)
- swearing at teammate(s) or name calling of any kind
- degrading teammate(s) in any way; for example making insults about a person’s ability or a person’s appearance
- hitting, tripping, spitting at, pushing, physically intimidating teammate(s), etc.
- kicking or throwing a ball recklessly at teammate or coach
- spreading rumors or gossiping about a teammate or using teammate’s equipment without permission